Tanury Industries Awarded Environmental Merit Award for 2016 by the Narragansett Bay Commission
Lincoln, RI (April 13, 2017): The Narragansett Bay Commission awarded Tanury Industries with the Perfect Compliance Environmental Merit Award for achieving excellent environmental regulatory compliance. This was the second year in a row that Tanury Industries has won this award. The award was presented this morning at The Narragansett Bay Commission’s annual awards breakfast.
Tanury Industries was one of 20 companies selected for the award from an impressive and qualified group of Rhode Island-based Significant Industrial Users. Significant Industrial Users are manufacturers that use large amounts of water and create an above average amount of waste. The award honors companies in Rhode Island who have gone above and beyond in their pollution prevention techniques and have set standards for what all businesses should strive for in terms of pollution prevention.
The award criteria are as follows:
• Volume/toxicity reduction of pollutants
• Reduction of stormwater flow
• Practical reuse of stormwater
• Benefits to workers and the community
• Demonstrated commitment to sound environmental management practices
• Application of pollution prevention/storm-water management efforts for use by other companies
• Employee participation
• Extraordinary efforts to go beyond compliance and/or demonstrate innovative approaches to waste management
Tanury’s executive team is honored to be recognized by the Narragansett Bay Commission. “We have been working incredibly hard to reduce our environmental impact,” said Michael Akkaoui, President & CEO. “We will continue to do our part in making Rhode Island a cleaner place to work and live.”